First State Bank

  • Services
  • Banks & Credit Unions
420 Walnut St
Columbus, Texas 78934
(979) 732-2332
(979) 732-2016 (fax)
  • About

    On March 1, 1913, The First State Bank opened for business in the Stafford Bank Building on the corner of Milam and Spring Streets with total deposits of $54,416.52. Total capital was $25,000.00 and total resources was $86,136.20. The first officers elected were Ike T. Pryor, President; E.A. Hutchins, Vice President; Owen G. Hoegmeyer, Cashier and R. Lee Hastedt, Assistant Cashier.

    Throughout the years the Bank continued to grow and prosper along with the community. In 1951, the bank building was completely remodeled. As of March 1, 1953, total deposits were $4,646,372.22, total loans were $1,309,558.01, total capital was $347,003.67 and total assets were $4,985,583.13.

    In 1976, Allan A. Hill was elected Chairman of the Board and CEO. Soon after, the Bank became nationally recognized and was published in the American Banker on February 28, 1989. The First Stank Bank was listed as the #1 U.S. Community Bank in the nation with total assets of $61,525,000 and total deposits were $47,061,000.

    The Bank continues to be one of the strongest community banks in the nation. As of September, 2019, total capital was $26,120,623, total deposits were $126,116,868, total loans were $32,358,312 and total assets were $153,096,819.

    The current directors of The First State Bank are: Karl E. Hill, Chairman of the Board; Patrick C. Moeller, Mark A. Hill, Lisa M. McNutt, Kim A. Reichle, John C. Glithero, and Barry D. Rutta. Advisory Directors are Gus H. Miller, Jr. and Jane M. Hill.

    The current officers of the Bank are: Karl E. Hill, Chairman of the Board and CEO; Patrick C. Moeller, President and CFO; Lisa M. McNutt, Senior Vice President and Cashier; Kim A. Reichle, Senior Vice President; Donna J. Krueger, Senior Vice President; Jo Ann Zapalac, Vice President; Liska F. Pilsner, Vice President; John J. Polach, Vice President; and Barbara J. Barta, Vice President.