Trinity Lutheran Church Frelsburg


ChurchesCommunity OrganizationsNonprofit Organization

About Us

William Frels came to Texas from Germany in 1834 and joined other pioneers settling here. Frontier pastors such as the Rev. J. C. Ervendberg cared for their religious needs. In 1855 Frels gave sites for a church and cemetery and the Rev. C. Roehm organized the congregation. For years the pastors taught a day school. The Texas Evangelical Synod met here on various occasions. The present sanctuary replaced an earlier one destroyed in a windstorm. In 1930 Trinity joined with other congregations to originate the American Lutheran Church. English language services began in 1932.

Sunday services start at 8:30 am